Explained literally, development refers to the whole process by which a child turns into an adult. For such holistic development, a child has the right to primary education, right to engagement in sports and cultural activities etc. Every tribal child has the right to education till the primary level as well as the right to participation in sports, entertainment and cultural activities. Under the right to development, it is important that a specially-abled child is being taken care of by the family.
What makes a child-friendly village?
- Children of age 0-3 years getting all facilities available at the Anganwadi centre. Some of these facilities include vaccination & timely health checkups and development assessments
- Compulsory quality education for children aged 3 to 14 years.
- Skill development education for children aged 14 to 18 years.
- Availability of the benefits of government schemes.
- Zero child labor
- Zero child marriage
- There must not be any kind of injustice and inequality
- Elders must listen to children's points of view
- Children must have the right to put forward their point of view