A Commitment for Strengthening the ‘Swaraj’ with Swaraj Communities
We are extremely proud to announce that VAAGDHARA has been honored with a significant accolade from MacKenzie Scott in recognition of our dedicated efforts towards achieving swaraj (sovereignty). It is truly an honor and a privilege for us to receive this recognition.
As the recipient of this prestigious award, we have a tremendous responsibility to utilize the funds wisely and effectively in order to provide support to the indigenous community on a larger scale. VAAGDHARA has been entrusted with the task of determining the best course of action in this regard.
Our efforts will be focused on implementing various initiatives aimed at enhancing the framework of sovereignty. This includes measures to protect, promote, and facilitate elements that strengthen SWARAJ. We understand the gravity of this responsibility and are committed to fulfilling it with utmost dedication and diligence.
Our primary purpose, encapsulated within, is focused on the endeavours towards strengthening Swaraj. Identifying and nurturing SWARAJ practices and practitioners, ensuring their happiness with equity and equality.
- Focus on of the 'Swaraj Shala' - the leadership practice school for SWARAJ practitioners
- Forming a cohort of young leaders through the augmentation of their leadership abilities in different areas.
- Establishing groups of women champions equipped with skills and traditional knowledge in climate-sensitive farming practices, holistic development of children, and participatory democracy practices.
- Strengthening the leadership qualities in the members of people's organisations.
- Efforts towards strengthening the sovereignty of seed, food, nutrition, water, vegetation, soil, livestock, thoughts and culture.