The Soil is precious gift of nature, it is very important to nurture it for the good crop production by conserving nutrients, vitamins, minerals present in the soil.
Below mentioned are a few ways by which soil conservation and soil health can be achieved.
- Awareness on Soil health (Participatory learning to involve the community).
- Soil health improvement through using compost and farm waste.
- Use of locally prepared bio-pest and insect management.
- Mixed cropping system to improve soil and agro-biodiversity.
- World Soil Day celebration.
- Hedge row plantation
- Community participation in EHVDP planning
- Action research practices related to Soil